1099 and insurance question

Discussion in 'Climbing Towers' started by gene ledbetter, Jun 8, 2008.

  1. gene ledbetter

    gene ledbetter Friend of the Community

    I have been offered a climbing job where the tower company says that they will pay for all of my expenses and insurance (not medical) when I am working or driving a company truck but that I would not be an employee and would receive a 1099 for the time that I am on the project which could be up to one year. They seem pretty decent and a few of there employees have been there for a few years and the pay isn?t bad. My question to the group is it legal for them to do this and how would I know that I am covered in case of an accident?
  2. In this case, you would be self-employed and they would hire your "company" to do a job. They pay you the price that your company charges and that's it. They don't have to offer you anything.....not even that company truck.
    If you choose to go this route, be prepared to have your own tools, your own liability policy, your own errors & ommissions, your own medical, insurance, etc because you are working for yourself.

Share This Page