Drilled Pier Foundation Pricing

Discussion in 'Civil Related Discussions' started by Dave Swainger, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Dave Swainger

Dave Swainger Industry Observer

I received a price from a driller in Florida for a monopole foundation that we're installing. His price was pretty fair and lower than your estimating program shows as an average price. Where do you get your pricing from? Another quote we got was almost 30% higher. Same specs. Go figure!
  2. Wireless Estimator

Wireless Estimator Administrator Staff Member

Wireless Estimator?s foundation pricing is an average of pricing provided to us from multiple contractors and foundation drilling companies throughout the country. Therefore, it would be natural to see a variance based upon location and soil conditions. The considerably higher price you received from a second contractor could have been based upon:
    ? Recommendations in the drilling report being strictly adhered to
    ? Proximity of the project to an available rig and crew
    ? Specific site access or soils knowledge of the contractor
    ? Current backlog
    ? Equipment requirements
    ? Client/contractor relationships
    A third bid would have been helpful for review. The question might have then been why was one contractor 30% lower?
  3. David Lehrer

David Lehrer Industry Observer

You are right. I've seen great variances in drilled foundation pricing over the years. It was even worse in the beginning days of cellular when drillers could name their price and the client wouldn't blink. "Just get 'er done!" "Today!" Yes, they are still wanting it done today, but now they want it for nothing. BTW, your web site has an unbelievable amount of information. Keep up the good work. And thanks for the spell check. I've never noticed one on any other bulletin board.
  4. Paul Russell

Paul Russell Frequent Poster

Get some rock that's not stable enough for rock anchors and watch the price go through the roof.