Get The Right Company To Do The Work

Discussion in 'Managing Projects and Business Issues' started by Jim Swartos, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Jim Swartos

Jim Swartos Friend of the Community

I own a 440' tower. A client needed larger guys to meet specifications and contracted a company to install the new guys.

The company picked had never worked on a tower over 120' tall. Needless to say, the job was botched. Luckily, the tower survived and another company came in and corrected the work.

There are a lot of companies that only have experience on 50-120 foot towers (a lot of cell tower experience).

Moral of the story: If you have a tall tower, get references and pick a company that has a proven track record!
  2. Chad Smith

Chad Smith Guest

Jim,

I posted a question on March 10 hoping to hear from someone with experience regarding towers and windmills and potential signal interference...

Do you have any experience with windmills or could you point me in a direction for reference materials to learn more?

Thanks!!
    Chad Smith csmith@dos.state.ny.us
  3. Jim Swartos

Jim Swartos Friend of the Community

Hi Chad,

I believe that Hatfield and Dawson (consulting engineers in Seattle) have information on tower and windmill interference. Also, you might check with some of the power companies that have windmill farms to see if they will release material from the RF studies they conducted. There is an FM station in southern California that believes a windmill farm bounces it's signal over a mountain range to an area that it really shouldn't be able to cover....

It is well documented that cell towers, located within one mile of AM radio towers, can cause variations in the AM stations coverage pattern.

Jim S