Religion and bidding in the wireless industry

Discussion in 'Managing Projects and Business Issues' started by Jeremy Ginnelly, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Jeremy Ginnelly

Jeremy Ginnelly Friend of the Community

When I decided to start my own tower company I needed to figure out many things about the industry that I thought I had already knew, there are many things that I had to realize about myself as well. Comming from the front line building towers directly into company ownership is quite the undertaking, and if you say "No Fear", then you are running blind.
    I was amazed one day to find a passage in the bible (Luke 14:28) that specifically said, "For which of you, intending to build a tower, does not sit down first and count the cost, whether he has enough to finish it-" it goes on to say (29) "Lest, after he has laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all who see it begin to mock him,(30) saying, this man began to build and was not able to finish".
    Thank you Wireless Estimator for giving me the tools and strength to persue each bid with courage.

Jeremy Ginnelly
    Ginnelly Tower Construction LLC
    Luke 14:28
  2. Neal Gracey

Neal Gracey Friend of the Community

Jeremy, good talking with you earlier. With all these cell towers, won't be long till the earth looks like a porcupine from space. lol

Isa 40:22 [It is] he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof [are] as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:
    Isa 40:23 That bringeth the princes to nothing; he maketh the judges of the earth as vanity.
    Isa 40:24 Yea, they shall not be planted; yea, they shall not be sown: yea, their stock shall not take root in the earth: and he shall also blow upon them, and they shall wither, and the whirlwind shall take them away as stubble.
    Isa 40:25 To whom then will ye liken me, or shall I be equal? saith the Holy One.
    Isa 40:26 Lift up your eyes on high, and behold who hath created these [things], that bringeth out their host by number: he calleth them all by names by the greatness of his might, for that [he is] strong in power; not one faileth.
  3. Jeremy Ginnelly

Jeremy Ginnelly Friend of the Community

A side thought I have that I wish to address is of how many tower companies out there that treat their employees as tools rather than people.
    I am not wishing to start a tower liberation but I would like to suggest to those of you that hold the reins, that you treat the people that work for you with respect and they will return the courtesy 100 fold.
    Soon I will be hiring enough people to create my own zip code and the people that have told me they wish to work for me are the same people that have known me through the years and they also know I am fair and kind all while getting the job done correctly. You can be a nice person and build towers, it is possible.
    My solution: To all the managers that apply, throw your impatience away with the "Devon Invoices", take a minute out of your day and tell your family, your seasoned employees and your greenhorns that they are awesome. That alone will create a very happy and productive atmosphere. Do it for them, do it for you and take more vacation time.

God Bless and take care,
    Jeremy Ginnelly
    Ginnelly Tower Construction LLC
    (724) 317-9417
    Luke 14:28
    Feb 05 2010 012:46 AM
  4. John Donovan

John Donovan Friend of the Community

As a side note, I wanted to point out an amazing fact. That verse Neal quoted, Isaiah 40:22, was written in about 700 BC - long before the rest of humanity knew the earth was round (the "circle of the earth"). How did Isaiah know that?

John Donovan
    Telecom Financial
    (239) 321-5001