Sharp should only apply to the installer

Discussion in 'Tower, Rooftop and Antenna Installation' started by Wireless Estimator, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Wireless Estimator

Wireless Estimator Administrator Staff Member

Some manufactured snap in hangers can have very sharp edges and can easily cut a technician. If you find any of these, let the distributor or manufacturer know so that they can provide better quality control and a safer product
  2. Jason Alves

Jason Alves Friend of the Community

Gitter Done. Your right on that one.
  3. Steven Hagee

Steven Hagee Friend of the Community

Guys this is a result of some short cuts by mfg's. Site Pro 1 is well aware of the hazards associated with the use of some competing brands of hangers.

For that reason we:

radius every single corner so there are no sharp edges

tumble the parts to remove any burrs from the manufacturing process

Our last process is a degreasing that removes all oils so that the installers hands do not become slippery.

The pennies it cost to do this is well worth helping to create a safe working environment for the installer!

Steve Hagee
  4. Jason Alves

Jason Alves Friend of the Community

Not for nothing but its snap-in hangers. I rather deal with the little cuts on the fingers rather then a really sharp edge from something else. The best way to fix all this, is wear baseball batting gloves.
  5. Jason Beduhn

Jason Beduhn Friend of the Community

Some? Heheh. Almost every time I snap in a 250' tower with 12 lines I'm all bloody. This is with different brands. But then again I'm just trying to Gitter Done!