Towers and small wind generators

Discussion in 'Tower, Rooftop and Antenna Installation' started by Andrew Kruse, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Andrew  Kruse

Andrew Kruse Friend of the Community

We are a manufactuerer of small wind generators and are about to introduce a new 1.8KW machine for the consumer market. One of the major issues is towers. Our primary tower supplier is Valmont however, we are also in need of taller guyed towers up to 120 feet. Furthermore, we are looking for networks of installers interested in expanding into the residential market. Most of these wind generators would be installed on towers in the 35-100' range. Are there companies out there specializing in installing smaller towers in large quantities?
    Andy Kruse
    Southwest Windpower, Inc.
  2. Karin Jackson

Karin Jackson Friend of the Community

Hi Andy- my company owns 11,000 towers across the United States. Many can meet your height requirements. Would you be interested in collocating- or, a more appropriate question may be, can your equipment collocate on a tower. This may be a more feasible. option.?
  3. Mike Anderson

Mike Anderson Friend of the Community

Andy,
    In regards to Tim's post. I agree. Trylon would be a good fit. You may also want to try Sabre Site Solutions. In regards to the installer comments, I have been researching alternative energy for several years and would be interested in speaking with you about installation opportunities. You may contact me at mikeanderson.cts@att.net
    Thanks
  4. Wayne  Johnson

Wayne Johnson Friend of the Community

Andy,

I live in upstate NY and I would be interested to be one of your residential installers in this neck of the woods.If you are interested please contact me at waynej@twcny.rr.com

Thanks
    Wayne Johnson
    Johnson Enterprises
  5. Greg Holmes

Greg Holmes Friend of the Community

Andy,

We are based in Michigan. I would like to discuss installation opportunities. Please contact me at gsholmes@newkirk-electric.com.

Thanks
  6. Tim Kearns

Tim Kearns Guest

Andy, Trylon makes a fairly inexpensive line of towers geareed towards WIMAX and the private sector.