Who will be first up at bat?

Discussion in 'Climbing Towers' started by Jerome Levy, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Jerome Levy

Jerome Levy Industry Observer

Mark my words, this will never get off the ground until someone from a major company steps up to the plate and says that they are interested in exploring this issue ? not agreeing with it, not legislating for it, but exploring it! Otherwise it is going to die, not necessarily for its lack of credibility, but because people like the status quo.

It would be great to see one of the large tower companies offer some assistance. They spend many tens of thousands of dollars every year to fight legislation that will affect their profit, but so far it looks like they haven?t dropped a dime to assist tower climbers who don't work for their company. Their administrations want to make sure that all of their subcontractors must be dedicated to safety and meet their requirements, but I oftentimes think all they?re interested in is making sure that they?re not held liable if there is a catastrophe.

American Tower is the only member that NATE has. I think that speaks loud and clear about the other companies? industry concern.