Detailed instructions are typically supplied with the kit to show how to apply and wrap the butyl rubber and vinyl tape. Also, connector manufacturers have stated procedures to ensure that their products are carefully weatherproofed.
A kit comprised of five rolls of butyl rubber tape and three rolls of different sized black vinyl electrical tape will provide, on average, weatherproofing for the following connections or splices:
- 12 applications if the junction size is up to 1/2”
- 8 applications if the junction size is 7/8”
- 6 applications if the junction size is 1-1/4”
- 4 applications if the junction size is 1-5/8”
- 2 applications if the junction size is 2-1/4”
While secured at the connector location, a technician, on average, can weatherproof a 1-1/4” connector in 15 minutes.
We recommend that you contact our valued antenna and line installation companies to obtain additional information about their services, capabilities and experience.