VIAVI Solutions announces signal analysis enhancements to its OneAdvisor-800 all-in-one test tool to streamline 4G-LTE and 5G NR cell site installation, integration and maintenance. This milestone addition brings cell site maintenance functionality to the award-winning installation tool.
As service providers, towercos and infracos face pressure to deliver on the promise of 5G, the demand still exists to maintain and to continue to deploy essential LTE services.
The VIAVI OneAdvisor-800 helps field teams by consolidating all key cell site installation and integration tests into one device: fiber, coaxial cable, PIM detection, fronthaul, and spectrum/signal analysis. Not only does this optimize efficiency, but built-in automation guides technicians through each test process and automatically stores test results. With the OneAdvisor-800 new technicians become proficient with greatly reduced risk of error and experienced technicians work more quickly and accurately.
OneAdvisor-800 Key Benefits
- Improved tool efficiency. Replaces multiple independent tools (i.e. OTDR, CAA, Fiber scope, etc).
- Broad coverage. Covers all radios types (LTE and 5G) and topologies (Macro-cell, Small-cell, C-RAN, and/or DAS)
- Scalable. As a team’s test responsibility grows, so can the OneAdvisor platform with modular test components
OneAdvisor-800 Test Process Automation Benefits
- Greater accuracy. Complete test plans exactly to the specifications of the service provider with precise measurements.
- Consistency. Test processes and workflows are defined centrally and “pushed” to test instruments, eliminating the variability of manual procedures and drives consistent, repeatable results, regardless of technician skill or experience level.
- Lower Training Costs. Training focus shifts to the test process itself, which is faster and easier to learn, rather than on technical information that is generally time-consuming and overwhelming for new technicians.
- Speed. Job Manager eliminates wasted technician time trying to remember which tests to run and how to run them